Sound Masking Speaker
Specs & Downloads
Hidden within the plenum and mounted to the back of suspended ceiling tiles or gypsum board drop ceilings, the VA-HDN converts these ceiling surfaces into large loudspeakers, providing an impressively diffuse and clear sound field.
When used in closed offices, the VA-HDN speaker allows for independent volume control of the masking sound between adjacent offices or open areas. This solves the problem of masking sound leakage between adjacent areas through the open plenum.
The VA-HDN is also an improved alternative to surface-mounted speakers in the case of gypsum, wood or any drop ceilings. Unlike surface or direct-field speakers, the VA-HDN does not create acoustical hot spots, providing a significantly more diffuse sound field for excellent sound masking uniformity. It is used to obtain uniform sound masking, clear paging and music, and without any compromise on the aesthetic of the ceiling.
- Power: 5 W
- Line Voltage: 25 V
- Enclosure Material: Fireproof Lexan UL-94-V0
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 10 kHz
- Output Level (W/m): 70 dBA
- Connectors: Screw-On
- Driver: Vibration Exciter
- Level Adjustment: Sliding switch 0 to -6 dB; -1.5 dB step
- Max Speakers/Channel: VA Controllers: 4/ch, VAR-96-8CH/VA-CMS Controllers: 6/ch
- Mounting: Adhesive
- Color: White
- Weight: 0.47 kg (1.0 lbs)
- Overall Dimension: 18 x 14.8 x 5.5 cm (7 x 57/8 x 21/8)
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 kg (1.2 lbs)
- Box Dimensions: 21.5 x 17 x 8 cm (7 x 6 1/2 x 3 1/4”)
Multiple controller units can be networked together to construct large sound masking projects.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Interested in using VA-HDN in your space?