Sigma Relocation, Dallas, Texas
- 4500 square feet of open office workspace (main installation)
- Mid-wall (42”) cubicle partitions and no interior walls
- 48 licensed real estate agents working in a call center environment
“Can you hold it down! I’ve got these high tech earphones on and my head covered with my jacket, and I still can’t talk with my client!”
“Even with the partition, the copier noise is bad enough, but with all the conversation I can’t get any work done!”
“Just hang in there. We’re going to take on more space and spread everyone back out. Even though our work cubes are twice the size of some centers, we can’t fill the empty desks and space between each of you in this new call center because it is the only way we have to keep the noise down!”
Nick Barber, co-owner of Sigma Relocation, needed a solution to the company’s increasing noise problem in their recently expanded call center. The company is a rapidly growing, innovative, full-scale apartment locating company based in Dallas, Texas. Naturally sociable employees were fighting distractions and noise.
Nick was faced with renting unused space or finding another solution. He and his IT department discovered the answer to their problems in white noise technology and sound masking. They made a nationwide online search and gathered bids.
As a result, Nick found that, in addition to being an established and reputable local company, MPS™ also had the latest technology in sound masking, which is able to maintain the right frequencies and balance of frequencies across the space better than older, plenum-based systems. Nick said, “If you’re running the older technology, to get the same level of privacy, we’d have to probably be running at a noticeably higher volume.” With this system, “Unless you know it is on, you don’t know what it is and just assume the air conditioner is on.”
“We’ve been impressed…100% of the employees are in agreement that it has made a significant difference,” Nick said, “The employees are jazzed with it. Before they could literally hear me all the way down the 4500 square foot call center. That would be impossible at this point.”
- Happier, less distracted employees
- Noticeable improvement in the work environment in terms of noise levels;
- Increased productivity
- Decreased ability to hear conversations more than 10-15 feet away; less socializing and other distractions; increased ability to focus on work.
- Cost savings; more efficient utilization of space.
- Nick can fill every desk as his company continues to expand by 2-3 employees per month.
Find out more about Sigma Relocation Group, LLC or contact MPS™ today to learn how better sound masking can benefit your office environment!